The ROAM INITIATIVE
Remote Operations, Administration and Management
Leading and Managing Responsive, Resilient, Remote and Agile Operations and Teams
Deploying information, communications and technology to lead, manage, enable and empower remote teams and operations in a robust, resilient and agile manner.
- Use technology to lead and manage remote teams and operations in a robust, resilient and agile manner
- Engage, enable, empower and enrich employee engagement
- Develop unified command, control, communications and collaboration
- Successfully and effectively respond to local, national and global crises such as COVID-19 pandemic
Benefits and Advantages
- Addresses current global pandemic crisis
- Real-world, pragmatic organisational and business focus
- Knowledge, skills, competencies and attributes focused
- An integrated and coordinated systems approach
- Delivered by senior British and Commonwealth organisational and business leaders with specialist technology, operational and remote teams leadership expertise and experience
- Best international practice and leading-edge knowledge
- Aligned to and benchmarked against British and Commonwealth armed forces leadership, UK professional and academic bodies’ standards
Executive One to One
£40 pp ph
Professional One to One
£30 pp ph
Executive Micro Group
See investment fees schedule
See investment fees schedule
Five Day Course
Extended Programme 1
Extended Programme 2
One Day Masterclass
Two Day Masterclass
Three Day Masterclass
Your Course At A Glance
A Short Intensive and
Short Professional Course
With Online Support
5 Days to 4 Weeks
1, 2 or 3 Day Masterclass
Coaching and Tutorials
The current COVID-19 pandemic has brought with it significant challenges and issues; and has forced organisations to make radical changes to their normal operations, a central pillar of which has been, where possible, personnel working remotely. Many organisations have little serious experience on how to establish such remote working as a part of the ‘new normal’.
The course focus is on four key areas:
- The leadership and management of remote teams and operations
- The deployment of information, communications and technology (ICT) platforms, systems and tools to effectively and successfully build remote teams’ and operational capacity and capability
- How such ICT platforms, systems and tools can enhance, enable and empower remote teams and operations in a robust, resilient and agile manner.
- How such ICT tools can enhance communications, collaboration, performance and productivity, making a significant contribution to SMARTER, agile and dynamic organisational and business excellence.
Who Is This Course For?
The ROAM Initiative webinar course is designed for senior and middle-level personnel who are responsible for leading and managing resilient, remote operations and teams agendas and initiatives.
The course is suitable for personnel who wish to refresh, upskill or develop new skills and competencies.
What Are The Course Objectives?
There are two main course objectives.
The first is to provide participants with the knowledge, skills, attributes, confidence and competencies to be able to successfully and effectively author, build, develop and lead the high performance, resilient, remote teams and operations that will allow organisations and business to respond to, meet and address, the threats, challenges and issues faced in environments and contexts such as the global COVID-19 pandemic in a dynamic and agile way.
The course places an emphasis upon the practical operational solutions and the use of common, off-the-shelf and popular ICT platforms, systems, tools and frameworks; and on ensuring that in challenging times remote teams’ operational performance and productivity retains a high-performance calibre.
The second is to encourage leaders to critically reflect on how they currently use ICT to engage, enable, empower and enrich high-performance, collaborative and communicative learning organisations.
What Will I Learn?
By the end of this programme and course you will:
- Have a greater understanding and knowledge of how to establish, lead and manage resilient, responsive remote teams and operations to best practice standards.
- Be able to apply and demonstrate your new and refreshed knowledge, skills, competencies, approaches, methodologies, models, practices and tools to confidently and successfully:
- Author and implement effective and high impact information, communications and technology-based remote and collaborative teams and operations, which in turn will:
- Help build, develop and drive organisational and business resilience, agility and continuity in the face of crises, challenges and threats
- Enhance organisational performance, productivity and profitability and corporate and social responsibility agendas and initiatives
- Engage, enable, empower and enrich employees experience, even in times of crisis and disruption
- Contribute towards developing innovative, high-performance cultures
- Use contexts such as the COVID-19 crises as a catalyst for transformation through the enhanced use of impact information, communications and technology solutions.
Key topics explored include:
Module 1– Understanding remote teams and operations – context, environment, challenges, issues and people
Module 2 – Benefits and rewards of remote teams, operations and working
Module 3 – Remote teams and operations – a best practice framework, practices and approaches
Module 4 – Information, communications and technology – context, environment and role
Module 5 – ICT platforms, systems and tools – an overview
Module 6 – Pillars of effective ICT solutions – engage, enable, empower, enrich
Module 7– Leading and managing remote teams and operations – key strategies, approaches and methods
Module 8 – Command, control, collaboration and communications – a best practice framework to drive high-performance and productivity
Module 9 – Leading and managing multinational, multisite, multicultural teams
Module 10 – ICT platforms, systems, software and tools – from procurement to operation – a best practice technology framework
Professional Advanced Certificate
Module 11 – Understanding cyber and information security and ISO 27001
Module 12 – Understanding the power of ICT – AI, deep data, machine learning and the future
What Will I Walk Away With?
You will walk away with
- The specialist leading-edge knowledge, skills, competencies and confidence to be able to author, build, develop, drive and lead high-performance, high-impact remote teams and operations agendas and initiatives in response to local, national and global volatility, disruption and threats.
- The ability to make a real, high-performance impact on your organisation and business
- Specialist and transferable professional skills
- Enhanced career and promotion prospects
- Continuous professional development credits
- A personalised leadership action plan, which in conjunction with the course, critical personal reflection and ongoing professional development will allow you to further develop and put into practice what you have learnt.
- Access to our leadership library of resources
- Either a professional award, a professional certificate or an advanced professional certificate.
Pre Course Activities
We strongly recommend that in preparation for this course, participants take the time to complete the pre-course work; both so that they reap the fullest rewards and benefits of the courses, and so that it can be tailored and personalised where possible to their individual requirements.
- Think about what your learning priorities and objectives are
- Think about a possible leadership topic, issue, challenge or objective you have a special interest in for discussion in coaching, supervision / tutorials
- Think about what real-world organisational strategic, transformational and resilience objectives you have
- Think about what real-world organisational and business disruption, issues and challenges you face
- Think about how you can use the current climate as a catalyst for change.
Read the suggested literature below:
What is Included In The Investment Fee?
The investment fee encompasses:
- Face to face contact learning via webinar, online and collaborative technology
- A minimum number of whole class contact hours per days / week / month – subject to programme and course duration selected
- Micro group sessions – depending upon participant numbers and webinar / programme / course duration
- Individual / pair / micro group supervisions / coaching / personal and operational consulting and action planning – depending upon participant numbers and webinar / programme / course duration
- Core course materials – send by email and online
- Supplementary materials – send by email and online
- Complimentary materials – materials – send by email and online
- Access to documents and resources library for the webinar / programme / course duration
Availability and Dates
At the moment due to the global pandemic, this course is only available publicly on a webinar basis with online support.
The masterclass, short five-day intensive professional, two and four week extended professional programmes and courses recommence on:
27thSept 2021 | 11thOctober 2021 | 25thOctober 2021 |
8thNovember 2021 | 22ndNovember 2021 | 6thDecember 2021 | 10thJanuary 2022 |
24thJanuary 2022 | 7thFebruary 2022 | 21stFebruary 2022 | 7thMarch 2022 | 21stMarch 2022
1,2 3 Day Master Classes and 1,2,3 Day Advanced Professional Classes recommence on:
4thOctober 2021 | 18thOctober 2021 | 1stNovember 2021 |
15thNovember 2021 | 29thNovember 2021 | 13thDecember 2021 | 17thJanuary 2022 |
31stJanuary 2022 | 14th February 2022 | 28thFebruary 2022
David C.W.A. Carruthers
Stephen Felder – Shaw
A Trainer's View
ʺ There is a lot of added value in this programme and course, which is designed to support clients internationally in successfully and effectively establishing, leading and managing high-performance remote teams and operations.
This programme and course is an opportunity for participants to combine training, workshops, coaching and professional development with peer discussions, exploring key, pragmatic and real-world issues and drawing upon a collective depth and breadth of international expertise and experience.ʺ
Course Fees' Payment
UK and international clients should please contact us at Minerva Academy directly for payment of course fees.
All course fees must be paid 48 hours prior to commencement of the webinar / courses.
COURSE REGISTRATION AND CONTACT
Register Now To Reserve Your Seat On The ROAM INITIATIVE COURSE
Call Us Or Email Us
To Discuss Your Personalised Requirements
Why not contact or speak to one of our specialist learning and development advisors? That way we discuss your personalised and tailored requirements and perhaps offer alternative choices and options.
You can email us at
or call us on
+44 (0) 758 383 7246