MANAGING RISK IN TURNKEY
OIL AND GAS CONTRACTS
Managing risk in the Oil, Gas and Petrochemical Industries and how you manage that risk is often the difference between success and failure. It’s the defining factor in whether a project is commercially rewarding, unfruitful, or worse, a catastrophe. Delivery models for new projects are changing, shifting the design risk from the owner to the contractor. Better the risk you know, than the risk you don’t; this course provides a review of an oil and gas decision management model to help delegates understand levels of uncertainty in oil and gas turnkey projects.
Benefits and Advantages
- Provides a review of case studies of risk management in oil and gas industries
- Will help you assess different risk management approaches
- Delivered by senior industry professional with hands on knowledge of risk management in high value projects
- Best international practice will be shared with case study materials and examples
- Delivered by senior SME’s with extensive international expertise and experience
- Best international practice and leading-edge knowledge
- Aligned to and benchmarked against British and Commonwealth armed forces leadership, UK professional and academic bodies’ standards
Executive One to One
£40 pp ph
Professional One to One
£30 pp ph
Executive Micro Group
See investment fees schedule
See investment fees schedule
Five Day Course
Extended Programme 1
Extended Programme 2
One Day Masterclass
Two Day Masterclass
Three Day Masterclass
Your Course At A Glance
A Short Intensive and
Short Professional Course
With Online Support
5 Day, 2 and 4 Week
1, 2 and 3 Day Masterclass
Coaching and Tutorials
The oil and gas industry is under increased pressure to deliver turnkey projects on time, within budget and with the agreed components, the need to identify, manage and control risk is essential for success. Managers need to use tried and accepted techniques for managing identified risks and have access to practical strategies for dealing with issues as they emerge.
This webinar courses uses a combination of case study analysis methods, presentations, discussions and practical exercises related to the Oil and Gas industry. The course is practical and pragmatic to ensure that tools and techniques presented are understood and can be applied in projects you are involved with.
Who Is This Course For?
This course has been specifically designed for those professionals responsible for the leadership and management of turnkey OGE sector projects, with an emphasis on risk management.
The course is suitable for specialist technical professionals, as well as those responsible for and involved in areas such as Business Continuity, Supervisory, Loss Prevention and HSE roles. The course is ideally positioned for those personnel operating and working in high hazard and critical safety operations.
What Are The Course Objectives?
The objectives of the course are to develop a professional awareness and understanding of and approaches to:
- Be able to evaluate and understand the risks and rsk management approaches in a High hazard environment
- To understand and apply both leadership and team working tools and techniques to effectively manage risk
- Be aware, recognise and control multiple risks using limited strategies
- Identify and determine systems and procedures for critical risk identification and hazard analysis to prevent accidents and incidents
- Evaluate risk assessment and risk management during various stages of a turnkey project.
What Will I Learn?
By the end of this programme and course you will have studied the overall parameters affecting projects’ risks and analyze different methodologies of project risk management in order to narrow down and develop a customized methodology applicable for Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) projects in the oil and gas industry. You will be able to:
- Appreciate the concepts of risk in hazardous industries and risk management approaches in major projects
- Make risk comparisons across different contracts
- Apply a risk management cycle to a turnkey project
- Evaluate different project risk management processes
- Identify risks in different types of contracts
- Be confident in applying a risk management model in a turnkey project
- Understanding what is driving risk in the oil and gas industries
Key topics explored include:
- Module 1 – Exploring concepts of risk and risk management approaches
- Module 2 – Risk management processes, risk tools and techniques
- Module 3 – The use of qualitative and quantitative risk analysis
- Module 4 – Risk response management and planning
- Module 5 – Risk identification from stakeholder analysis and team approaches
- Module 6 – Reporting of risk management outcome
- Module 7 – Developing a best practice risk culture, strategy and framework
Professional Advanced Certificate
- Module 8 – Developing best practice – learning the lessons from case studies
What Will I Walk Away With?
You will walk away with:
- A detailed understanding of OGE sector turnkey key project risk
- The ability to design a risk strategy for your turnkey project
- The ability to author, develop and lead high-performance project risk cultures and frameworks
- The ability to criticality analysis and priorities for different assets
- The ability to manage complex relationships
- A understanding of root cause analysis
- Managing performance of assets
- The ability to critically reflect on and learn from earning from major failures in different industries
- The ability to make a real, high-performance impact on your organisation and business
- Specialist and transferable professional skills
- Enhanced career and promotion prospects
- Continuous professional development credits
- A personalised leadership action plan, which in conjunction with the course, critical personal reflection and ongoing professional development will allow you to further develop and put into practice what you have learnt
- Access to our leadership library of resources
- Either a professional award, a professional certificate or an advanced professional certificate.
Pre Course Activities
We strongly recommend that in preparation for this course, participants take the time to complete the pre course work; both so that they reap the fullest rewards and benefits of the courses, and so that it can be tailored and personalised where possible to their individual requirements.
- Think about what your learning priorities and objectives are
- Think about a possible leadership topic, issue, challenge or objective you have a special interest in for discussion in coaching, supervision / tutorials
- Think about what real world organisational strategic, transformational and resilience objectives you have
- Think about what real world organisational and business disruption, issues and challenges you face
- Think about how you can use the current climate as a catalyst for change.
Read the suggested literature below:
- A Review on Risk and Project Risks; https://www.researchgate.net/publication/281502138_A_Review_on_Risks_and_Project_Risks_Management_Oil_and_Gas_Industry
- Risk management in oil and gas construction projects; https://www.researchgate.net/publication/242023693_Risk_management_in_oil_and_gas_construction_projects_in_Vietnam
What is Included In The Investment Fee?
The investment fee encompasses:
- Face to face contact learning via webinar, online and collaborative technology
- A minimum number of whole class contact hours per days / week / month – subject to programme and course duration selected
- Micro group sessions – depending upon participant numbers and webinar / programme / course duration
- Individual / pair / micro group supervisions / coaching / personal and operational consulting and action planning – depending upon participant numbers and webinar / programme / course duration
- Core course materials – send by email and online
- Supplementary materials – send by email and online
- Complimentary materials – materials – send by email and online
- Access to documents and resources library for the webinar / programme / course duration
Availability and Dates
At the moment due to the global pandemic, this course is only available publicly on a webinar basis with online support.
The masterclass, short five-day intensive professional, two and four week extended professional programmes and courses recommence on:
27thSept 2021 | 11thOctober 2021 | 25thOctober 2021 |
8thNovember 2021 | 22ndNovember 2021 | 6thDecember 2021 | 10thJanuary 2022 |
24thJanuary 2022 | 7thFebruary 2022 | 21stFebruary 2022 | 7thMarch 2022 | 21stMarch 2022
1,2 3 Day Master Classes and 1,2,3 Day Advanced Professional Classes recommence on:
4thOctober 2021 | 18thOctober 2021 | 1stNovember 2021 |
15thNovember 2021 | 29thNovember 2021 | 13thDecember 2021 | 17thJanuary 2022 |
31stJanuary 2022 | 14th February 2022 | 28thFebruary 2022
Stephen Felder – Shaw
A Trainer's View
ʺ The petroleum, oil and gas industry has a wide array of risks that spread across all areas of business. We mainly consider operational risks when analysing such high intensive and high hazardous process industries. Nevertheless, there are many more types of risk which can be economic risks such as oil price collapse, loss of demand, or high operating costs. Likewise, political risks, depending on the country the organization is doing business in, can lead to major disruption or even disaster.
Furthermore, environmental risks, which include pollution or damage to the environment, to equipment or personnel are becoming more scrutinised. In this globally aware society reputational risk is a major concern for turnkey oil and gas projects, as a major spillage, environmental disasters or fatalities can lead to serious sanctions being imposed. ʺ
Course Fees' Payment
UK and international clients should please contact us at Minerva Academy directly for payment of course fees.
All course fees must be paid 48 hours prior to commencement of the webinar / courses.
COURSE REGISTRATION AND CONTACT
Register Now To Reserve Your Seat On The MANAGING RISK IN TURNKEY OIL AND GAS CONTRACTS Course
Call Us Or Email Us
To Discuss Your Personalised Requirements
Why not contact or speak to one of our specialist learning and development advisors? That way we discuss your personalised and tailored requirements and perhaps offer alternative choices and options.
You can email us at
or call us on
+44 (0) 758 383 7246