PROJECT RISK MANAGEMENT
AND QUALITY ASSURANCE
Enhancing the success of projects through best-practice risk and quality assurance management.
- Project risk analysis, assessment and management
- Project quality assurance and management systems
- Integrated project and business management systems
- ISO 31000
- ISO 21500
Benefits and Advantages
- Aligned to and benchmarked against APM and PMI
- Leading-edge and best practice project risk and quality assurance
- Real-world, pragmatic project and business focus
- Knowledge, skills, competencies and attributes focused
- Delivered by senior British and Commonwealth project, risk and quality assurance specialists with international senior-level operational and project leadership expertise and experience
- Best international practice and leading-edge knowledge
- Aligned to and benchmarked against British and Commonwealth armed forces leadership, UK professional and academic bodies’ standards
Executive One to One
£40 pp ph
Professional One to One
£30 pp ph
Executive Micro Group
See investment fees schedule
See investment fees schedule
Five Day Course
Extended Programme 1
Extended Programme 2
One Day Masterclass
Two Day Masterclass
Three Day Masterclass
Your Course At A Glance
A Short Intensive and
Short Professional Course
With Online Support
5 Day, 2 and 4 Week
1, 2 and 3 Day Masterclass
Coaching and Tutorials
A lack of appropriate programme and project quality and risk management frameworks can have catastrophic effects on the successful delivery of projects. A 2017 Project Management Institute (PMI) study reports that in IT, a particularly notorious PM area, 14% or all projects failed, and a staggering 31% failed to meet stated outcomes and deliverables, 49% were late and 43% were over budget.
The Project Risk Management and Quality Assurance course focus is on providing project leaders and practitioners with the best international practice and leading-edge knowledge, skills, competencies, attributes and tools to significantly enhance project performance and assure success; with an emphasis placed upon a pragmatic project, business, risk and quality assurance approach.
Who Is This Course For?
The Project Risk and Quality Assurance Management webinar course is designed for project leaders and professional practitioners at all stages of their careers who wish to refresh or upskill; as well as new entrants to the profession who wish to develop new skills and competencies.
What Are The Course Objectives?
There are four main course objectives.
The first is to provide participants with the knowledge, skills, attributes, confidence and competencies to be able to successfully and effectively lead and develop best practice and high-performance project risk cultures, frameworks and systems; and provide them with the tools and techniques to execute best practice project risk management.
The second is to provide participants with the knowledge, skills, attributes, confidence and competencies to be able to successfully and effectively lead and develop best practice and high-performance project quality assurance cultures, frameworks and systems; and provide them with the tools and techniques to execute best practice quality assurance management.
The third objective is for participants to be introduced to and become familiar with ISO 3100 and ISO 21500 and the wider ISO 9001 and ISO standards context.
The final objective is for participants to be introduced to and become familiar with The UK’s APM and The PMI’s specialist project risk and quality assurance best practice and examination standards and knowledge.
What Will I Learn?
By the end of this programme and course you will:
- Have enhanced project risk analysis, assessment and management knowledge, skills and competencies
- Have enhanced project quality assurance management knowledge, skills and competencies
- Have enhanced ISO 21500 and 31000 knowledge, skills and competencies
- Be able to demonstrate high-impact project risk and assurance management and leadership
- Be able to author, develop, drive and lead high-performance
- Risk management cultures, frameworks and systems
- Quality assurance cultures, frameworks and systems
- Be able to apply approaches, methodologies, models, practices and tools to successfully conduct:
- Project risk analysis, assessment and management
- Project quality assurance management
Key topics explored include:
Module 1 – Understanding Business and Quality Management Systems
Module 2 – Project Management – The Business and Commercial Context and Environment
Module 3 – Understanding Project Management Risk – Key Concepts, Issues and Challenges
Module 4 – Business and Project Management Systems – Key Concepts, Stages and Terminology
Module 5 – Project Risk Management – Key Concepts, Stages and Terminology
Module 6– Project Quality Assurance Management Systems and Kaizen – Key Concepts, Stages and Terminology
Module 7 – ISO 31000:2018 / ISO/IEC 31010:2009 / ISO Guide 73:2009 / ISO 21500:2012 – Key Concepts, Stages and Terminology
Module 8 – Project Risk Tools, Techniques and Approaches
Module 9 – Project QA Tools, Techniques and Approaches
Module 10 – Best Practice Project QA Frameworks, Planning, and Systems
Module 11- Best Practice Project QA Auditing
Module 12- Leading, Managing and Implementing High-Performance Project Risk Management Cultures
Module 13 – Best Practice Project Risk Management Frameworks, Planning and Systems
Advanced Professional Certificate
Module 14 – A Best Practice Approach to Metrics, Intelligence, Information and Data
Module 15 – Prevention Versus Inspection – Best Practice Control, Monitoring and Auditing Frameworks
Module 16 – Responsive Project Command, Control, Communications, Collaboration and Information Reporting
What Will I Walk Away With?
You will walk away with:
- Best practice project risk and quality assurance management knowledge, skills, competencies and attributes
- An enhanced understanding of:
- ISO project and quality assurance frameworks and standards
- APM and PMI PM examination and project risk and quality assurance knowledge and standards
- The confidence, knowledge, skills to be able to author, build, develop, drive and lead high-performance:
- Project risk management cultures
- Project quality assurance cultures
- The techniques and tools to successfully and effectively:
- Enhance project success through reduced risk and quality assurance
- Specialist and transferable professional skills
- Enhanced career and promotion prospects
- Continuous professional development credits
- A personalised professional and leadership action plan, which in conjunction with the course, critical personal reflection and ongoing professional development will allow you to further develop and put into practice what you have learnt
- Access to our library of resources
- Either a professional award, a professional certificate or an advanced professional certificate
Pre Course Activities
We strongly recommend that in preparation for this course, participants take the time to complete the pre-course work; both so that they reap the fullest rewards and benefits of the courses, and so that it can be tailored and personalised where possible to their individual requirements.
- Think about what your learning priorities and objectives are
- Think about a possible leadership topic, issue, challenge or objective you have a special interest in for discussion in coaching, supervision / tutorials
- Think about what real-world organisational strategic, transformational and resilience objectives you have
- Think about what real-world organisational and business disruption, issues and challenges you face
- Think about how you can use the current climate as a catalyst for change.
Read the suggested literature below:
What is Included In The Investment Fee?
The investment fee encompasses:
- Face to face contact learning via webinar, online and collaborative technology
- A minimum number of whole class contact hours per days / week / month – subject to programme and course duration selected
- Micro group sessions – depending upon participant numbers and webinar / programme / course duration
- Individual / pair / micro group supervisions / coaching / personal and operational consulting and action planning – depending upon participant numbers and webinar / programme / course duration
- Core course materials – send by email and online
- Supplementary materials – send by email and online
- Complimentary materials – materials – send by email and online
- Access to documents and resources library for the webinar / programme / course duration
Availability and Dates
At the moment due to the global pandemic, this course is only available publicly on a webinar basis with online support.
The masterclass, short five-day intensive professional, two and four week extended professional programmes and courses recommence on:
27thSept 2021 | 11thOctober 2021 | 25thOctober 2021 |
8thNovember 2021 | 22ndNovember 2021 | 6thDecember 2021 | 10thJanuary 2022 | 24thJanuary 2022 | 7thFebruary 2022 | 21stFebruary 2022 | 7thMarch 2022 | 21stMarch 2022
1,2 3 Day Master Classes and 1,2,3 Day Advanced Professional Classes recommence on:
4thOctober 2021 | 18thOctober 2021 | 1stNovember 2021 | 15thNovember 2021 | 29thNovember 2021 | 13thDecember 2021 | 17thJanuary 2022 | 31stJanuary 2022 | 14th February 2022 | 28thFebruary 2022
David C.W.A. Carruthers
Stephen Felder – Shaw
A Trainer's View
ʺ There is a lot of added value in this programme and course for both experienced project leaders and professionals looking to fresh, update and explore new ideas and current trends and issues; as well as for new and entrants into the PM profession.
The blended combination of training, learning and development, workshop and coaching; opportunities to explore and discuss with peers; the pragmatic and real-world issues focus; and the ability to draw upon both participant’s collective experience as well as the outstanding depth and breadth of international expertise and experience of the academy’s senior – level leaders, specialists and trainers marks this programme and course out. ʺ
Course Fees' Payment
UK and international clients should please contact us at Minerva Academy directly for payment of course fees.
All course fees must be paid 48 hours prior to commencement of the webinar / courses.
COURSE REGISTRATION AND CONTACT
Register Now To Reserve Your Seat On The PROJECT RISK MANAGEMENT AND QUALITY ASSURANCE COURSE
Call Us Or Email Us
To Discuss Your Personalised Requirements
Why not contact or speak to one of our specialist learning and development advisors? That way we discuss your personalised and tailored requirements and perhaps offer alternative choices and options.
You can email us at
or call us on
+44 (0) 758 383 7246