HEALTH & SAFETY LEADERSHIP
and TEAM SUPERVISOR
IN OIL & GAS SECTOR
The Oil, Gas and Petrochemical Industries are accepted by all as having high hazard processes and this requires excellent leadership that would lead to the right safety behaviours. Safety Leadership starts in the Boardroom but undoubtedly applies to all levels, and all disciplines in the organisation. The role of safety leadership importantly includes setting the safety and health standards, ensuring the systems are in place for deploying standards and appropriate safety behaviour for all.
In this critical, high hazard process industry the health and safety professional will need to be able to manage and lead people both during normal operations and during times of crisis management. This training course provides you with ‘state of the art’ leadership, teamwork and management techniques to ensure proper control of your work environment. Behavioural management techniques will show you how to pro-actively influence others; effectively identify and manage risks and hazards; as well as build a culture for improved safety using key behavioural safety leadership methods.
Benefits and Advantages
- Provides leadership, mentoring and coaching skills relevant for a high risk and hazardous industry
- Assess the safety climate and culture and will help identify areas for improvement in safety practices
- Practical, reflective practice and case study focus
- Delivered by senior SME’s with extensive international HSE and OGE sector leadership and operational expertise and experience
- Leading-edge knowledge
- Aligned to and benchmarked against British, Commonwealth and international best practice industry, professional and academic bodies’ standards
Executive One to One
£40 pp ph
Professional One to One
£30 pp ph
Executive Micro Group
See investment fees schedule
See investment fees schedule
Five Day Course
Extended Programme 1
Extended Programme 2
One Day Masterclass
Two Day Masterclass
Three Day Masterclass
Your Course At A Glance
A Short Intensive and
Short Professional Course
With Online Support
5 Day, 2 and 4 Week
1, 2 and 3 Day Masterclass
Coaching and Tutorials
Both courses focus on providing either leadership and management or team leader and supervisory personnel with the practical knowledge, skills, competencies and attributes to successfully and effectively lead and manage HSE cultures, teams and operations within the OGE sector.
The highly interactive and engaging webinar training course will ensure that learning by doing takes place with the use of tools and techniques for safety leadership that are practiced during the sessions. This includes facilitated group work and individual exercises, case studies, role-play scenarios, case study videos and the use of personality profiling methods to assess behaviour preferences. The instructor will also facilitate learning by encouraging the delegates to test and critically appraise theories and concepts.
Who Is This Course For?
Both the Safety Leadership and Team Leadership and Supervisory webinar training courses have been specifically designed to equip management, technical, supervisory, loss prevention specialists and HSE professionals in the Oil and Gas sectors with the knowledge, skills and understanding to become effective Safety Leaders.
This training course is ideally positioned for those people operating and working in high hazard and critical safety operations.
What Are The Course Objectives?
The course objectives are:
- Be able to evaluate and understand the roles and responsibilities of Safety Leadership in a High hazard environment
- To understand and apply both leadership and team working tools and techniques to effectively manage safety
- Be aware and recognise organisational and human behavioural safety techniques
- Identify and determine systems and procedures for critical risk identification and hazard analysis to prevent accidents and incidents
- Provide a method of continuously improvement and safety culture organisation-wide.
What Will I Learn?
By the end of this course you will:
- Know how to use team working, behavioural management and safety leadership techniques effectively, in a hazardous industry
- Be able to use coaching, mentoring and safety leadership skills to improve safety performance
- Have the tools to help create, adapt and improve the safety climate and safety culture of the organization
- Recognise and be able to utilise effective communication strategies for improving interpersonal skills in the organisation
- Have used techniques and strategies aimed at preventing incidents and accidents
Key topics explored include:
- Module 1 – Exploring Safety Leadership
- Module 2 – Advances in Behavioural Safety Modification
- Module 3 – Motivational factors in Safety Leadership
- Module 4 – Team leadership, Coaching and Mentoring Principles
- Module 5 – The Leadership safety approach to Risk Management
- Module 6 – The role of leaders in developing a safety clime and safety culture
Professional Advanced Certificate
- Module 7 – Continuous Safety Improvement
What Will I Walk Away With?
You will walk away with:
- Enhanced best practice OGE sector HSE leadership skills and competency
- Leading-edge OGE knowledge
- Enhanced understanding of behavioural management and safety leadership techniques
- Coaching, mentoring and safety leadership skills
- Practical strategies, approaches, tools and techniques to create, adapt and improve the safety climates and cultures
- Enhanced effective communication strategies for improving interpersonal skills
- Enhanced incidents and accident prevention knowledge, skills and competencies
- The ability to make a real, high-performance impact on your organisation and business
- Specialist and transferable professional skills
- Enhanced career and promotion prospects
- Continuous professional development credits
- A personalised leadership action plan, which in conjunction with the course, critical personal reflection and ongoing professional development will allow you to further develop and put into practice what you have learnt
- Access to our leadership library of resources
- Either a professional award, a professional certificate or an advanced professional certificate.
Pre Course Activities
We strongly recommend that in preparation for this course, participants take the time to complete the pre-course work; both so that they reap the fullest rewards and benefits of the courses, and so that it can be tailored and personalised where possible to their individual requirements.
- Think about what your learning priorities and objectives are
- Think about a possible leadership topic, issue, challenge or objective you have a special interest in for discussion in coaching, supervision / tutorials
- Think about what real-world organisational strategic, transformational and resilience objectives you have
- Think about what real-world organisational and business disruption, issues and challenges you face
- Think about how you can use the current climate as a catalyst for change
Read the suggested literature below: ·
- Castka, P., Bamber, C. & Sharp, J.M. “Benchmarking intangible assets – enhancing teamwork performance using self-assessment”, 2003, Benchmarking – An International Journal, vol 11, no 6, pp571-583. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/235302110_Benchmarking_intangible_assets_Enhancing_teamwork_performance_using_self-assessment
- Factors affecting successful implementation of high-performance teams Castka, P.; Bamber, with C.J.; Sharp, J.M.; Belohoubek, P. Team Performance Management; Volume 7 No. 7; 2001 https://www.researchgate.net/publication/242336641_Factors_affecting_successful_implementation_of_high_performance_teams
- Chris Bamber, Pavel Castka and John Sharp Measuring teamwork culture: The use of a modified EFQM model, Journal of Management Development 22(2) · March 2003 https://www.researchgate.net/publication/28579134_Measuring_teamwork_culture_The_use_of_a_modified_EFQM_model
- Putting Safety Leadership into Practice, The APPEA Journal 60(2):409 · January 2020, https://www.researchgate.net/publication/341458446_Putting_safety_leadership_thinking_into_practice
What is Included In The Investment Fee?
The investment fee encompasses:
- Face to face contact learning via webinar, online and collaborative technology
- A minimum number of whole class contact hours per days / week / month – subject to programme and course duration selected
- Micro group sessions – depending upon participant numbers and webinar / programme / course duration
- Individual / pair / micro group supervisions / coaching / personal and operational consulting and action planning – depending upon participant numbers and webinar / programme / course duration
- Core course materials – send by email and online
- Supplementary materials – send by email and online
- Complimentary materials – materials – send by email and online
- Access to documents and resources library for the webinar / programme / course duration
Availability and Dates
At the moment due to the global pandemic, this course is only available publicly on a webinar basis with online support.
The masterclass, short five-day intensive professional, two and four week extended professional programmes and courses recommence on:
27thSept 2021 | 11thOctober 2021 | 25thOctober 2021 |
8thNovember 2021 | 22ndNovember 2021 | 6thDecember 2021 | 10thJanuary 2022 |
24thJanuary 2022 | 7thFebruary 2022 | 21stFebruary 2022 | 7thMarch 2022 | 21stMarch 2022
1,2 3 Day Master Classes and 1,2,3 Day Advanced Professional Classes recommence on:
4thOctober 2021 | 18thOctober 2021 | 1stNovember 2021 |
15thNovember 2021 | 29thNovember 2021 | 13thDecember 2021 | 17thJanuary 2022 |
31stJanuary 2022 | 14th February 2022 | 28thFebruary 2022
Stephen Felder – Shaw
A Trainer's View
ʺ High hazardous process industries need highly capable safety leadership. It is essential that safety leadership brings about the right climate and cultures of accident and incident prevention combined with continuous improvement.
This course will allow delegates to explore new concepts, develop their knowledge and understanding of safety leadership methods and thus gain the confidence to apply safety tools and techniques they have learnt. Learning takes place in a supported and facilitated environment encouraging participation and use of proven safety management and safety leadership techniques. ʺ
Course Fees' Payment
All course fees must be paid 48 hours prior to commencement of the webinar / courses.
COURSE REGISTRATION AND CONTACT
Register Now To Reserve Your Seat On The HEALTH & SAFETY LEADERSHIP and TEAM SUPERVISOR In The OGE SECTOR Course
Call Us Or Email Us
To Discuss Your Personalised Requirements
Why not contact or speak to one of our specialist learning and development advisors? That way we discuss your personalised and tailored requirements and perhaps offer alternative choices and options.
You can email us at
or call us on
+44 (0) 758 383 7246