IELTS ACADEMIC EXAMINATION PREPARATION
English for Specialist Academic Purposes
Specialist IELTS Academic Examination preparation for international graduate and professional clients.
- IELTS Academic examination strategy, tactics and skills focused
- Transferable Academic Knowledge and Skills
- Transferable Soft Skills
- Professional, Work and Academic Focus
- Broad range of academic and STEM topics
- Task-based learning focused
- Competency focused
- Content and integrated language learning
- One to one or micro tutorial and seminar groups built into
- 4 – 16-week full time or part-time options
Benefits and Advantages
- The confidence to be able to use the English language in specialist executive, professional, business and personal social environments
- Delivered by senior, highly skilled and qualified British and Commonwealth native speaker EAP, ELT and IELTS specialists with extensive international and GCC expertise and experience
- Small groups – enhanced personalised and tailored learning
- Delivered by senior British and Commonwealth EAP, ELT and IELTS specialists with extensive international expertise and experience
EAP / IELTS 1-1
£25 pp ph
EAP / IELTS Micro Group
See investment fees schedule
EAP / IELTS Public Programmes
See investment fees schedule
Your Course At A Glance
Short Intensive, Extended
or Academic Year Courses
With Online Support
2 Weeks Up to
Coaching and Tutorials
The IELTS Academic examination preparation course and programme are specifically focused on the requirements of the IELTS academic examination, for either academic or professional and work purposes.
The course takes a robust and rigorous academic approach to IELTS exam preparation, with the focus on developing both the integrated four English language competencies and skills required for the examination, as well as a broad portfolio of specialist, general and transferable academic knowledge and skills.
There is a strong practical focus, as well as a focus on blended academic, occupational and professional contexts and environments; and a methodological focus on task-based learning and content and integrated language learning.
Who Is This Course For
The programme and course are designed for international graduates and professionals who require the IELTS academic examination for either academic or professional and work purposes.
What Are The Course Objectives?
There are four main course objectives:
- To help assure that participants fulfill their full potential and perform well in the IELTS Academic exam by providing them with the appropriate:
- Specialist IELTS Academic examination knowledge, skills and awareness
- Integrated four English language knowledge, skills and competencies
- Specialist academic knowledge and skills
- To develop and broad academic knowledge and curiosity across a breadth of general, current affairs and STEM topics
- To develop transferable academic skills and knowledge
- To give participants the confidence and skills to:
- Successfully operate in English language medium education and professional environments internationally
- Be an independent learner
What Will I Learn?
By the end of this programme and course you will:
- Have enhanced specialist IELTS Academic examination awareness, strategies, techniques and knowledge
- Have enhanced specialist academic and study skills
- Have enhanced academic knowledge across a breadth of general, current affairs and STEM topics
- Have an improved understanding of the English language
- Develop transferable soft skills
- Be able to operate as an independent learner, applying leaner learning skills across disciplines
Key topics explored across the full programme include:
Module 1 – IELTS Academic Examination – Awareness and Overview
Module 2 – IELTS Academic Examination – Techniques, Strategies and Approaches
Module 3 – Listening
Module 4 – Academic Reading
Module 5 – Academic Writing
Module 6 – Speaking
Module 7 – Study and Learner Learning Skills
Module 8 – Grammar
Module 9 – Lexis
Module 10 – General English language supplementary knowledge and skills
What Will I Walk Away With?
You will walk away with:
- The specialist IELTS Academic examination knowledge and skills to able to confidently and successfully achieve your potential in the IELTS Academic examination
- The specialist academic knowledge and skills to able to confidently and successfully achieve your academic potential
- Enhanced broader English language knowledge and skills and competencies to confidently and successfully operate in English language medium academic and professional environments internationally
- Added value transferable soft skills
- Enhanced career and promotion prospects
- Continuous professional development credits
- A personalised professional action plan, which in conjunction with the course, critical personal reflection and ongoing professional development will allow you to further develop and put into practice what you have learnt
- Access to our library of resources
- A certificate of participation, completion and achievement
Pre Course Activities
We strongly recommend that in preparation for this course, participants take the time to complete the pre-course work; both so that they reap the fullest rewards and benefits of the courses, and so that it can be tailored and personalised where possible to their individual requirements.
- Think about what your learning priorities and objectives are
- Think about a possible leadership topic, issue, challenge or objective you have a special interest in for discussion in coaching, supervision / tutorials
- Think about what real-world organisational strategic, transformational and resilience objectives you have
- Think about what real-world organisational and business disruption, issues and challenges you face
- Think about how you can use the current climate as a catalyst for change.
What is Included In The Investment Fee?
The investment fee encompasses:
- Face to face contact learning via webinar, online and collaborative technology
- A minimum number of whole class contact hours per days / week / month – subject to programme and course duration selected
- Micro group sessions – depending upon participant numbers and webinar / programme / course duration
- Individual / pair / micro group supervisions / coaching / personal and operational consulting and action planning – depending upon participant numbers and webinar / programme / course duration
- Core course materials – send by email and online
- Supplementary materials – send by email and online
- Complimentary materials – materials – send by email and online
- Access to documents and resources library for the webinar / programme / course duration
Availability and Dates
At the moment due to the global pandemic, this course is only available publicly on a webinar basis with online support.
The masterclass, short five-day intensive professional, two and four week extended professional programmes and courses recommence on:
27thSept 2021 | 11thOctober 2021 | 25thOctober 2021 |
8thNovember 2021 | 22ndNovember 2021 | 6thDecember 2021 | 10thJanuary 2022 |
24thJanuary 2022 | 7thFebruary 2022 | 21stFebruary 2022 | 7thMarch 2022 | 21stMarch 2022
1,2 3 Day Master Classes and 1,2,3 Day Advanced Professional Classes recommence on:
4thOctober 2021 | 18thOctober 2021 | 1stNovember 2021 |
15thNovember 2021 | 29thNovember 2021 | 13thDecember 2021 | 17thJanuary 2022 |
31stJanuary 2022 | 14th February 2022 | 28thFebruary 2022
David C.W.A. Carruthers
A Trainer's View
ʺ There is a lot of added value in this IELTS Academic examination preparation course and programme. The academically rigorous robust programme combines IELTS Academic Examination preparation with the opportunity to develop specialist academic, general English language and transferable academic skills and knowledge.
There is a strong emphasis upon both developing language, academic and transferable competencies through the use of task-based and integrated content and language learning methodologies; and a focus on the academic, occupational and professional contexts and environments.
The blend of webinar based ‘virtual and interactive face to face training along with online and digital support; quality of teaching and materials; and specialist ESTOPP, EAP and IELTS expertise and experience of the trainers all add significant value and mark this programme and course out as excellent.ʺ
Course Fees' Payment
UK and international clients should please contact us at Minerva Academy directly for payment of course fees.
All course fees must be paid 48 hours prior to commencement of the webinar / courses.
COURSE REGISTRATION AND CONTACT
Register Now To Reserve Your Seat On The IELTS ACADEMIC EXAMINATION PREPARATION Course
Call Us Or Email Us
To Discuss Your Personalised Requirements
Why not contact or speak to one of our specialist learning and development advisors? That way we discuss your personalised and tailored requirements and perhaps offer alternative choices and options.
You can email us at
or call us on
+44 (0) 758 383 7246