The financial management knowledge, skills and competencies for non-financial specialists.
- Essential best practice financial management knowledge
- Understanding of key business and financial concepts and terminology
- Understanding of financial management key concepts and terminology
- Understanding of accounting key concepts and terminology
- Best practice financial management frameworks and reporting standards
Benefits and Advantages
- Confidently manage functional, departmental and operational accounting, financial management and budgetary agendas
- Enhance strategic and operational organisational, business, financial and commercial planning and modelling
- Enhance strategic and operational business and financial decision making, analysis and planning
- Manage financial reporting
- Use financial metrics and indicators to manage performance and profitability
- Aligned to and benchmarked against British and Commonwealth armed forces, professional and academic bodies’ standards
Executive One to One
£40 pp ph
Professional One to One
£30 pp ph
Executive Micro Group
See investment fees schedule
See investment fees schedule
Five Day Course
Extended Programme 1
Extended Programme 2
One Day Masterclass
Two Day Masterclass
Three Day Masterclass
Your Course At A Glance
A Short Intensive and
Short Professional Course
With Online Support
5 Day, 2 and 4 Week
1, 2 and 3 Day Masterclass
Coaching and Tutorials
In today’s organisational and business environments it is essential that all leaders and managers at every organisational level have a professional and good understanding of financial management to effectively support their strategic and operational planning, decision making and management.
The Finance for Non-Financial Specialists course focus is on providing participants with the best practice and leading-edge financial knowledge, skills, competencies and attributes to be able to effective plan, administer and manage departmental, functional and operational finances and understand key concepts, trends, issues and challenges; with an emphasis upon practical organisational and business operational accounting and financial management.
Who Is This Course For?
The Finance for Non-Financial Managers webinar course is designed for business professionals and managers who are not financial specialists but require best practice financial management and accounting skills for their roles and responsibilities.
The course is suitable for both current professionals and managers who wish to refresh or upskill; as well as for potential new senior-level HR and HRBP personnel who wish to develop new skills and competencies.
What Are The Course Objectives?
There are three main course objectives.
The first is to provide participants with the knowledge, skills, attributes, confidence and competencies to be able to successfully and effectively:
- Manage functional, departmental and operational financial agendas
- Build, develop and lead best practice financial management frameworks and standards
The second is to provide participants with the financial management knowledge and skills to proactively enhance business operations, performance, productivity and profitability.
The final objective is to encourage personnel to critically reflect upon their financial management strategies, operations and practices.
What Will I Learn?
By the end of this programme and course you will:
- Have enhanced pragmatic, practical, business and commercially focused financial management knowledge and skills
- Be better positioned to successfully manage departmental, functional and operational finances
- Be better positioned to contribute towards the overall commercial and business success and profitability of enterprises, organisations and businesses
- Be able to lead, build and develop best practice financial management frameworks and standards
- Be able to proactively enhance business operations, performance, productivity and profitability.
Key topics explored include:
Module 1 – The Organisational Business and Commercial Context and Environment
Module 2 – The Nature and Purpose of Accounting & Financial Management
Module 3 – Understanding Management / Managerial/ / Cost Accounting
Module 4 – Understanding Financial Management
Module 5 – Basic Financial Terminology
Module 6 – Understanding Auditing
Module 7 – Key Financial and Accounting Concepts and Issues
Module 8 – Markets, Competitors and Benchmarking
Module 9 – Understanding, Authoring, Using and Preparing Key Financial Documentation, Statements and Standards
Module 10 – Accounting and Financial Management Rules, Formats, Techniques and Tools
Module 11 – Understanding Key Ratios, indicators and metrics
Module 12 – Finance and Accounting Management Analysis, Planning, Reporting and Decision Making
Professional Advanced Certificate
Module 13 – Viability, Credit and Risk
Module 14 – Using Accounting and Financial Targets and Metrics in Controlling and Evaluating Performance
Module 15 – VAT and Taxes – Key Concepts and Issues
What Will I Walk Away With?
You will walk away with:
- Best practice accounting and financial management skills, competencies and attributes
- An enhanced understanding of:
- Business, commercial and financial contexts and environments
- Business, commercial and financial issues, challenges and trends
- Commercial management concepts, frameworks and standards
- The confidence, knowledge, skills to be able to author, build, develop, drive and lead:
- High impact accounting and financial management strategies
- Enhanced accounting and financial management cultures and operations
- Enhanced accounting and financial management and operational performance, productivity and profitability
- Accounting and financial management transformation and change
- The techniques and tools to successfully and effectively:
- Optimise organisational business, commercial and financial success
- Develop and enhance performance, productivity, profitability and competitive advantage through business, commercial and financial planning and analysis
- Enhance strategic and operational business planning and decision making through understanding the commercial and financial context and environment
- Conduct high-impact strategic and operational business and financial planning reviews, analysis, planning and formulation
- Make a real, high-performance strategic and transformational impact on your organisation and business
- Specialist and transferable professional skills
- Enhanced career and promotion prospects
- Continuous professional development credits
- A personalised professional and leadership action plan, which in conjunction with the course, critical personal reflection and ongoing professional development will allow you to further develop and put into practice what you have learnt
- Access to our library of resources
- Either a professional award, a professional certificate or an advanced professional certificate
Pre Course Activities
We strongly recommend that in preparation for this course, participants take the time to complete the pre-course work; both so that they reap the fullest rewards and benefits of the courses, and so that it can be tailored and personalised where possible to their individual requirements.
- Think about what your learning priorities and objectives are
- Think about a possible leadership topic, issue, challenge or objective you have a special interest in for discussion in coaching, supervision / tutorials
- Think about what real-world organisational strategic, transformational and resilience objectives you have
- Think about what real-world organisational and business disruption, issues and challenges you face
- Think about how you can use the current climate as a catalyst for change.
Read the suggested literature below:
What is Included In The Investment Fee?
The investment fee encompasses:
- Face to face contact learning via webinar, online and collaborative technology
- A minimum number of whole class contact hours per days / week / month – subject to programme and course duration selected
- Micro group sessions – depending upon participant numbers and webinar / programme / course duration
- Individual / pair / micro group supervisions / coaching / personal and operational consulting and action planning – depending upon participant numbers and webinar / programme / course duration
- Core course materials – send by email and online
- Supplementary materials – send by email and online
- Complimentary materials – materials – send by email and online
- Access to documents and resources library for the webinar / programme / course duration
Availability and Dates
At the moment due to the global pandemic, this course is only available publicly on a webinar basis with online support.
The masterclass, short five-day intensive professional, two and four week extended professional programmes and courses recommence on:
27thSept 2021 | 11thOctober 2021 | 25thOctober 2021 |
8thNovember 2021 | 22ndNovember 2021 | 6thDecember 2021 | 10thJanuary 2022 | 24thJanuary 2022 | 7thFebruary 2022 | 21stFebruary 2022 | 7thMarch 2022 | 21stMarch 2022
1,2 3 Day Master Classes and 1,2,3 Day Advanced Professional Classes recommence on:
4thOctober 2021 | 18thOctober 2021 | 1stNovember 2021 | 15thNovember 2021 | 29thNovember 2021 | 13thDecember 2021 | 17thJanuary 2022 |
31stJanuary 2022 | 14th February 2022 | 28thFebruary 2022
David C.W.A. Carruthers
A Trainer's View
ʺ There is a lot of added value in this programme and course for both experienced business and management personnel looking to fresh, update and explore new financial management knowledge, skills, ideas, trends and issues; as well as for new and potential management and business appointments.
The blended combination of executive development, workshop and coaching; opportunities to explore and discuss with peers; the pragmatic and real-world issues focus; and the ability to draw upon both participant’s collective experience as well as the outstanding depth and breadth of international expertise and experience of the academy’s senior – level leaders, specialists and trainers marks this programme and course out. ʺ
Course Fees' Payment
UK and international clients should please contact us at Minerva Academy directly for payment of course fees.
All course fees must be paid 48 hours prior to commencement of the webinar / courses.
COURSE REGISTRATION AND CONTACT
Register Now To Reserve Your Seat On The FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT FOR NON SPECIALISTS COURSE
Call Us Or Email Us
To Discuss Your Personalised Requirements
Why not contact or speak to one of our specialist learning and development advisors? That way we discuss your personalised and tailored requirements and perhaps offer alternative choices and options.
You can email us at
or call us on
+44 (0) 758 383 7246