English For Aviation
Fire and Rescue Services
English for Specialist Training, Occupational and Professional Purposes
Specialist aviation fire and rescue English language training in preparation for specialist UK, European, USA and international English language medium training.
- Aviation syllabus
- Fire syllabus
- Rescue syllabus
- ‘Technical’ syllabus – science, technology, engineering and maths
- Aviation, fire and rescue lexis
- ‘Technical’ lexis
- Integrated reading, writing, listening and speaking skills
- Learner learning and study skills
- Transferable academic skills and knowledge (TASK)
- Transferable soft skills
Benefits and Advantages
- The confidence to be able to use the English language in specialist aviation fire and rescue training, occupational or professional environments
- Competency and skills focused
- Task-based learning focused
- Added value transferable academic and soft skills
- Small groups – enhanced personalised, tailored and bespoke learning
- Delivered by senior British and Commonwealth ESTOPP and ELT specialists with extensive international and civilian and military aviation ESTOPP expertise and experience
- Best international practice and leading-edge knowledge
- Aligned to and benchmarked against British and Commonwealth armed forces leadership, UK professional and academic bodies’ standards
Executive One to One
£40 pp ph
Professional One to One
£30 pp ph
£29 pp ph
EAP/ IELTS 1-1
£25 pp ph
EAP / IELTS Micro Group
See investment fees schedule
ESP Micro Group
See investment fees schedule
ESP Public Programmes
See investment fees schedule
EAP Public Programmes
See investment fees schedule
Special Listing Short ELT Course
Special Listing Extended 1
Special Listing Extended 2
Your Course At A Glance
Short Intensive, Extended
or Academic Year Courses
With Online Support
2 Weeks Up to
Coaching and Tutorials
The Aviation Fire and Rescue Services English language programme is designed for organisational, corporate and private clients internationally who require a best practice English for Specialist Training, Occupational and Professional Purposes (ESTOPP) programme or course in preparation for conducting specialist training in the UK, Europe, USA or other English language medium environments internationally.
The programme and course offer clients a robust, rigorous and best practice integrated ESTOPP programme, which combines English language training skills, a focus on specialist aviation fire and rescue and ‘technical’ subject matter expertise, and added value transferable academic and soft skills. The focus is on developing English second language competency and skills, learner learning; and on delivering through a blend of ‘academic’ understanding, knowledge and theory, with a strong practical and task-based learning-focused approach.
The programmes and courses can be tailored and bespoke for clients’ requirements; and examination preparation for both specialist ‘technical’ and ‘academic’ entry requirements and assessment purposes can be included.
Who Is This Course For
The programme and course are designed for aviation fire and rescue personnel at all organisational levels who require English language training prior to commencing initial or professional development based specialist aviation fire and rescue English language medium training internationally.
Specialist programmes and courses can be delivered for specific personnel, such as NCO’s, officers and senior personnel, as well as for specialist purposes, such as examination preparation or refreshers.
What Are The Course Objectives?
There are six main course objectives.
- To provide participants with the confidence to undertake training and operate in specialist English language medium aviation fire and rescue and technical training and operations
- To develop to the required English language competency level all four English language skills, supported by the appropriate grammar and vocabulary knowledge; underpinned with a good understanding of the relevant theory and academic knowledge.
- To develop transferable academic skills and knowledge
- To develop transferable soft skills
- To foster and develop added value academic, occupational and specialist knowledge and skills
- To give participants the confidence and skills to:
- Successfully operate in English language medium environments internationally
- Be an independent learner
- Aspire to further English language training – academic and professional / occupational
What Will I Learn?
By the end of this programme and course you will:
- Have enhanced specialist subject matter and sector-specific English language training knowledge, competencies and skills
- Have ab initio and intermediate level specialist professional subject matter expertise and knowledge
- Be able to successfully and confidently undertake training and operate in English language medium environments internationally
- Have developed additional, transferable academic and soft skills
- Be able to operate as an independent learner, applying leaner learning skills across disciplines
Key topics explored across the full programme include:
Module 1 – English language reading, writing, listening and speaking
Module 2 – Vocabulary
Module 3 – Grammar
Module 4 – Learner learning skills
Module 5 – Transferable and soft skills
Module 6 – Aviation syllabus
Module 7 – Fire syllabus
Module 8 – Rescue syllabus
Module 9 – Specialist ‘technical’ syllabus
Module 10 – Science, technology and maths syllabus
Shorter programmes focus on specific areas, subject to time, duration and client priorities.
Professional Advanced Certificate
These are earnt upon completion of appropriate military or aviation and technical-based integrated projects, specialist assessment and specialist further study subject options.
ts, specialist assessment and specialist further study subject options.
What Will I Walk Away With?
You will walk away with:
- The English language knowledge, skills and competencies to be able to confidently and successfully train and operate in specialist English language medium professional, occupational and SME environments; and maximise the potential rewards and benefits from such training and interoperable experiences
- Added value transferable learner learning, academic and soft skills
- Specialist and transferable professional knowledge and skills
- Enhanced career and promotion prospects
- Continuous professional development credits
- A personalised professional action plan, which in conjunction with the course, critical personal reflection and ongoing professional development will allow you to further develop and put into practice what you have learnt
- Access to our library of resources
- Either a professional award, a professional certificate or an advanced professional certificate.
Pre Course Activities
We strongly recommend that in preparation for this course, participants take the time to complete the pre-course work; both so that they reap the fullest rewards and benefits of the courses, and so that it can be tailored and personalised where possible to their individual requirements.
- Think about what your learning priorities and objectives are
- Think about a possible leadership topic, issue, challenge or objective you have a special interest in for discussion in coaching, supervision / tutorials
- Think about what real-world organisational strategic, transformational and resilience objectives you have
- Think about what real-world organisational, operational and business disruption, issues and challenges you face
- Think about how you can use the current climate as a catalyst for change.
What is Included In The Investment Fee?
The investment fee encompasses:
- Face to face contact learning via webinar, online and collaborative technology
- A minimum number of whole class contact hours per days / week / month – subject to programme and course duration selected
- Micro group sessions – depending upon participant numbers and webinar / programme / course duration
- Individual / pair / micro group supervisions / coaching / personal and operational consulting and action planning – depending upon participant numbers and webinar / programme / course duration
- Core course materials – send by email and online
- Supplementary materials – send by email and online
- Complimentary materials – materials – send by email and online
- Access to documents and resources library for the webinar / programme / course duration
Availability and Dates
At the moment due to the global pandemic, this course is only available publicly on a webinar basis with online support.
The masterclass, short five-day intensive professional, two and four week extended professional programmes and courses recommence on:
27thSept 2021 | 11thOctober 2021 | 25thOctober 2021 |
8thNovember 2021 | 22ndNovember 2021 | 6thDecember 2021 | 10thJanuary 2022 |
24thJanuary 2022 | 7thFebruary 2022 | 21stFebruary 2022 | 7thMarch 2022 | 21stMarch 2022
1,2 3 Day Master Classes and 1,2,3 Day Advanced Professional Classes recommence on:
4thOctober 2021 | 18thOctober 2021 | 1stNovember 2021 |
15thNovember 2021 | 29thNovember 2021 | 13thDecember 2021 | 17thJanuary 2022 |
31stJanuary 2022 | 14th February 2022 | 28thFebruary 2022
David C.W.A. Carruthers
A Trainer's View
ʺ There is a lot of added value in this specialist AFRS ELT programme and course for both military and civilian aviation sector AFRS personnel.
The blended combination of knowledge, theory and a strong focus on task-based learning, practical skills and English language competency; the specialist AFRS focus; the added value transferable skills focus; and delivery by the academy’s senior-level specialist ESTOPP trainers with international aviation and ESTOPP AFRS expertise and experience marks this programme and course out.ʺ
Course Fees' Payment
UK and international clients should please contact us at Minerva Academy directly for payment of course fees.
All course fees must be paid 48 hours prior to commencement of the webinar / courses.
COURSE REGISTRATION AND CONTACT
Register Now To Reserve Your Seat On The ENGLISH FOR AVIATION FIRE AND RESCUE Course
Call Us Or Email Us
To Discuss Your Personalised Requirements
Why not contact or speak to one of our specialist learning and development advisors? That way we discuss your personalised and tailored requirements and perhaps offer alternative choices and options.
You can email us at
or call us on
+44 (0) 758 383 7246