FOR OIL AND GAS PROJECTS
Using the FIDIC Silver Book
EPC or Engineering, Procurement and Construction contracts are a common form of arrangement in Oil & Gas projects, covered by the FIDIC Silver Book. This form of contract has great benefits for client organisations as it allows them to appoint a major contractor to do all the work but it has its dangers for the unwary because in order to achieve the desired outcome it is necessary for a client to give serious attention to the initial specification brief in terms of cost, timing, desired outputs, location and many other issues. This course will look at the Silver Book from the perspective of client Organisations and Contractors so that delegates will be able to appreciate both sides of the arrangement leading to a satisfactory outcome for all concerned.
Benefits and Advantages
- A clear understanding of EPC form of contract
- A detailed knowledge of the FIDIC Silver Book from the viewpoint of client and contractor.
- Knowledge of when to select this type of contract
- Delivered by senior SME’s with extensive international expertise and experience
- Best international practice and leading-edge knowledge
- Aligned to and benchmarked against British and Commonwealth armed forces leadership, UK professional and academic bodies’ standards
Executive One to One
£40 pp ph
Professional One to One
£30 pp ph
Executive Micro Group
See investment fees schedule
See investment fees schedule
Five Day Course
Extended Programme 1
Extended Programme 2
One Day Masterclass
Two Day Masterclass
Three Day Masterclass
Your Course At A Glance
A Short Intensive and
Short Professional Course
With Online Support
5 Day, 2 and 4 Week
1, 2 and 3 Day Masterclass
Coaching and Tutorials
EPC or Engineering, Procurement and Construction contracts are a common form of arrangement in Oil & Gas projects. Also known as “Turnkey” contracts because of the fact that the client has little to do apart from “turning the key” at the end of commissioning they are also known by other acronyms such as EPCC (Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning); LSTK (Lump sum Turnkey); EPIC (Engineering, Procurement, Installation and Commissioning) in different parts of the world but they are all variations of a common base which is covered by the FIDIC Silver Book.
This course will look at the Silver Book from the perspective of client Organisations and Contractors so that delegates will be able to appreciate both sides of the arrangement leading to a satisfactory outcome for all concerned. The course focus is essentially practical in nature based on the extensive experience of the trainer and utilising the delegates’ own experience and knowledge.
Who Is This Course For?
The Course is designed for experienced Project and Procurement Managers from client organisations and contractors to enhance their own experience in this field.
It will also be of benefit to less experienced junior managers who wish to enhance their knowledge in this area as a means of career progression.
What Are The Course Objectives?
The three course objectives are to:
- Enable the use of the EPC form of contract in the correct situation.
- Understand the benefits and risks in this form of contract
- Learn how to pro-actively manage an EPC contract from Client and Contractor viewpoint.
What Will I Learn?
By the end of this course you will:
- Know what an EPC contract is and where it is best used.
- Have a detailed understanding of the FIDIC Silver Book
- Learn how to pro-actively manage an EPC contract
- Manage Risk Allocation on the Project.
- Learn the benefits and dangers of drafting bespoke clauses
Key topics explored include:
- Module 1 – An understanding of EPC contracts
- Module 2 – Introduction to the FIDIC Silver Book
- Module 3 – Managing a contract under the Silver Book
- Module 4 – Procurement and Risk
- Module 5 – Drafting special clauses
Professional Advanced Certificate
- Module 6 – a Risk Strategy
What Will I Walk Away With?
You will walk away with:
- A detailed understanding of EPC contracts and the FIDIC Silver Book.
- The ability to develop a project brief to establish the parameters of the proposed project and its outcomes.
- The ability to make a real, high-performance impact on your organisation and business
- Specialist and transferable professional skills
- Enhanced career and promotion prospects
- Continuous professional development credits
- A personalised leadership action plan, which in conjunction with the course, critical personal reflection and ongoing professional development will allow you to further develop and put into practice what you have learnt
- Access to our leadership library of resources
- Either a professional award, a professional certificate or an advanced professional certificate.
Pre Course Activities
We strongly recommend that in preparation for this course, participants take the time to complete the pre-course work; both so that they reap the fullest rewards and benefits of the courses, and so that it can be tailored and personalised where possible to their individual requirements.
- Think about what your learning priorities and objectives are
- Think about a possible leadership topic, issue, challenge or objective you have a special interest in for discussion in coaching, supervision / tutorials
- Think about what real-world organisational strategic, transformational and resilience objectives you have
- Think about what real-world organisational and business disruption, issues and challenges you face
- Think about how you can use the current climate as a catalyst for change.
What is Included In The Investment Fee?
The investment fee encompasses:
- Face to face contact learning via webinar, online and collaborative technology
- A minimum number of whole class contact hours per days / week / month – subject to programme and course duration selected
- Micro group sessions – depending upon participant numbers and webinar / programme / course duration
- Individual / pair / micro group supervisions / coaching / personal and operational consulting and action planning – depending upon participant numbers and webinar / programme / course duration
- Core course materials – send by email and online
- Supplementary materials – send by email and online
- Complimentary materials – materials – send by email and online
- Access to documents and resources library for the webinar / programme / course duration
Availability and Dates
At the moment due to the global pandemic, this course is only available publicly on a webinar basis with online support.
The masterclass, short five-day intensive professional, two and four week extended professional programmes and courses recommence on:
27thSept 2021 | 11thOctober 2021 | 25thOctober 2021 |
8thNovember 2021 | 22ndNovember 2021 | 6thDecember 2021 | 10thJanuary 2022 |
24thJanuary 2022 | 7thFebruary 2022 | 21stFebruary 2022 | 7thMarch 2022 | 21stMarch 2022
1,2 3 Day Master Classes and 1,2,3 Day Advanced Professional Classes recommence on:
4thOctober 2021 | 18thOctober 2021 | 1stNovember 2021 |
15thNovember 2021 | 29thNovember 2021 | 13thDecember 2021 | 17thJanuary 2022 |
31stJanuary 2022 | 14th February 2022 | 28thFebruary 2022
Stephen Felder – Shaw
A Trainer's View
ʺ There are times when a client organisation needs to put complete responsibility for the delivery of a project into the hands of a contractor. Often major petrochemical contracts are let on this basis because there are a number of large international contracting organisations which have the skills, manpower and experience to do the complete package in the most effective way. Inevitably in these situations, the client is concerned over lack of control both in terms of cost, time and quality and so several safeguards need to be built into any agreement.
The most important of these is “deliverables”. In other words what the client gets for the money spent and whether it meets their requirements and expectations. This course covers the whole EPC contract regime from the viewpoint of both client and contractor so delegates get an understanding of both sides of the contract. ʺ
Course Fees' Payment
UK and international clients should please contact us at Minerva Academy directly for payment of course fees.
All course fees must be paid 48 hours prior to commencement of the webinar / courses.
COURSE REGISTRATION AND CONTACT
Register Now To Reserve Your Seat On The EPC CONTRACTS FOR OIL AND GAS PROJECTS Course
Call Us Or Email Us
To Discuss Your Personalised Requirements
Why not contact or speak to one of our specialist learning and development advisors? That way we discuss your personalised and tailored requirements and perhaps offer alternative choices and options.
You can email us at
or call us on
+44 (0) 758 383 7246