IN OIL AND GAS PROCUREMENT
Procurement in Oil and Gas can mean a number of things. It can mean the establishment of a contract framework to ensure company interests are protected. It can involve setting up a formal contract with a contracting organisation to construct a facility. It can mean supply chain procurement for key equipment and personnel. Indeed it can involve any number of situations whereby an organisation wishes to obtain a service from another organisation at minimum risk.
Benefits and Advantages
- Allows the development of a dynamic risk management plan
- Enables the internal and external risks to be fully analysed
- Addresses the particular risks associated with the current global pandemic crisis
- Establishes a template for dealing with future events of a similar nature.
- Shows the benefits of the correct choice of contract form to maximise benefits in risk management
- Delivered by senior SME’s with extensive international expertise and experience
- Best international practice and leading-edge knowledge
- Aligned to and benchmarked against British and Commonwealth armed forces leadership, UK professional and academic bodies’ standards
Executive One to One
£40 pp ph
Professional One to One
£30 pp ph
Executive Micro Group
See investment fees schedule
See investment fees schedule
Five Day Course
Extended Programme 1
Extended Programme 2
One Day Masterclass
Two Day Masterclass
Three Day Masterclass
Your Course At A Glance
A Short Intensive and
Short Professional Course
With Online Support
5 Day, 2 and 4 Week
1, 2 and 3 Day Masterclass
Coaching and Tutorials
The current worldwide Covid 19 pandemic has brought into sharp focus the need for commercial and procurement teams to be vigilant and pro-active in their approach to risk.
The course focus is on developing the commercial and contractual knowledge and awareness to reduce risk in project procurement within the Oil and Gas sector; and developing a professional, commercial and project understanding of risk, strategies, approaches and tools within an OGE procurement context. There is a pragmatic commercial, business and project focus.
Who Is This Course For?
The Course is designed for experienced Procurement Managers and Risk Managers to enhance their own experience in this field.
It will also be of benefit to less experienced junior managers who wish to enhance their knowledge in this area as a means of career progression.
What Are The Course Objectives?
The objective of the course is to enable the identification of the principal risks in a proposed procurement strategy.
What Will I Learn?
By the end of this course you will:
- Understand risk and how it applies to procurement
- Understand the different approaches to risk allocation
- Design a procurement risk strategy.
- Select the most appropriate contract forms for use in procurement scenarios.
- Manage risk in procurement by knowledge of standard and nonstandard forms of contract.
- Learn the benefits and dangers of drafting bespoke clauses
Key topics explored include:
- Module 1 – Introduction to the Risk as applied to procurement
- Module 2 – The purpose and application of the differing standard contracts
- Module 3 – Selection criteria to choose the most favourable version
- Module 4 – Procurement and Risk
- Module 5 – Risk Clauses looked at in detail
- Module 6 – The position of insurance
- Module 7 – Drafting special clauses
- Module 8 – Developing a Risk Strategy
- Module 9 – Using Procurement strategy as part of a wider Risk Strategy 1
Professional Advanced Certificate
- Module 10 – Using Procurement strategy as part of a wider Risk Strategy 2
What Will I Walk Away With?
You will walk away with:
- A detailed understanding of risk in procurement
- The ability to select the most appropriate procurement method
- The ability to conduct risk planning and organise a risk regime integrated with your Procurement Strategy
- The ability to make a real, high-performance impact on your organisation and business
- Specialist and transferable professional skills
- Enhanced career and promotion prospects
- Continuous professional development credits
- A personalised leadership action plan, which in conjunction with the course, critical personal reflection and ongoing professional development will allow you to further develop and put into practice what you have learnt
- Access to our leadership library of resources
- Either a professional award, a professional certificate or an advanced professional certificate
Pre Course Activities
We strongly recommend that in preparation for this course, participants take the time to complete the pre-course work; both so that they reap the fullest rewards and benefits of the courses, and so that it can be tailored and personalised where possible to their individual requirements.
- Think about what your learning priorities and objectives are
- Think about a possible leadership topic, issue, challenge or objective you have a special interest in for discussion in coaching, supervision / tutorials
- Think about what real-world organisational strategic, transformational and resilience objectives you have
- Think about what real-world organisational and business disruption, issues and challenges you face
- Think about how you can use the current climate as a catalyst for change.
What is Included In The Investment Fee?
The investment fee encompasses:
- Face to face contact learning via webinar, online and collaborative technology
- A minimum number of whole class contact hours per days / week / month – subject to programme and course duration selected
- Micro group sessions – depending upon participant numbers and webinar / programme / course duration
- Individual / pair / micro group supervisions / coaching / personal and operational consulting and action planning – depending upon participant numbers and webinar / programme / course duration
- Core course materials – send by email and online
- Supplementary materials – send by email and online
- Complimentary materials – materials – send by email and online
- Access to documents and resources library for the webinar / programme / course duration
Availability and Dates
At the moment due to the global pandemic, this course is only available publicly on a webinar basis with online support.
The masterclass, short five-day intensive professional, two and four week extended professional programmes and courses recommence on:
27thSept 2021 | 11thOctober 2021 | 25thOctober 2021 |
8thNovember 2021 | 22ndNovember 2021 | 6thDecember 2021 | 10thJanuary 2022 |24thJanuary 2022 | 7thFebruary 2022 | 21stFebruary 2022 | 7thMarch 2022 | 21stMarch 2022
1,2 3 Day Master Classes and 1,2,3 Day Advanced Professional Classes recommence on:
4thOctober 2021 | 18thOctober 2021 | 1stNovember 2021 | 15thNovember 2021 | 29thNovember 2021 | 13thDecember 2021 | 17thJanuary 2022 |31stJanuary 2022 | 14th February 2022 | 28thFebruary 2022
Stephen Felder – Shaw
A Trainer's View
ʺ Procurement is a wide-ranging subject and not all organisations apply risk analysis and planning when considering the most appropriate purchasing strategy. It is a fact that most problems that occur in projects stem from errors in procurement strategy.
This course is designed to help individual managers overcome this problem by introducing a mind-set which challenges preconceptions and develops a method of working in which risks are identified in a structured manner at an early stage and corrective action is taken. ʺ
Course Fees' Payment
UK and international clients should please contact us at Minerva Academy directly for payment of course fees.
All course fees must be paid 48 hours prior to commencement of the webinar / courses.
COURSE REGISTRATION AND CONTACT
Register Now To Reserve Your Seat On The COMMERCIAL RISK IN OIL AND GAS PROCUREMENT Course
Call Us Or Email Us
To Discuss Your Personalised Requirements
Why not contact or speak to one of our specialist learning and development advisors? That way we discuss your personalised and tailored requirements and perhaps offer alternative choices and options.
You can email us at
or call us on
+44 (0) 758 383 7246